Atlanta Splunk User Group this Friday!
Just a reminder to folks that the monthly user group meeting is this Friday! If you haven’t already, please RSVP to the Meetup page so that we have an accurate count for food and building security.
• 11:30 – 12:00 Networking, lunch
• 12:00 ( 5-10 min) – Welcome, introductions
• 12:10 – 1:20 Presentations:
Michael Conner, Coke CCR – Automating Splunk app deployment in AWS
Hutch, Splunk – Advanced Visualizations
Hal, Splunk – Techniques for analyzing Splunk performance
• 1:20 – 1:30 Open discussion, next meeting logistics, close…
Atlanta Splunk User Group meets soon!
We’ve decided to postpone the meetup and pick back up in July. Please track the meetup event page for the latest details!
If you are in or around Atlanta, please join us
this Thursday for the June meeting which takes place in Marietta at 11:30 AM. You can find all the details at our meetup page. If you do plan to attend, please RSVP so that we can plan for food and site logistics.
Topics being discussed this time include:
- Michael Conner, Coke CCR – Automating Splunk app deployment in AWS
- Hutch Hutchinson, Splunk – Advanced Visualizations
- Hal Rottenberg, Splunk – Techniques for analyzing Splunk performance
If you can’t make it to this one, please click the join button at the …
Atlanta Splunk User Group coming up May 27!
Are you in the Atlanta Metro area? Do you use Splunk today, or do you want to learn more about Splunk? Then you need to join us at the upcoming Atlanta Splunk User Group meeting being held on May 27th! For full details, check out the event page. In addition to the networking aspect of meeting your peers in the area who do cool things with Splunk, there will also be presentations from Splunk experts! The list isn’t final (and can change if we hear from you!), but currently includes:
- Intro to Splunk App for Microsoft Exchange, by Robert Spee, i360
- Exploring the Splunk app for NetApp ONTAP, by Hal Rottenberg, IT Ops Practice Manager, Splunk
Atlanta Splunkers: User Group This Wednesday!
If you are in the metro Atlanta area, be sure to attend the Splunk User Group happening tomorrow, Wednesday Dec 3rd at 11:30 AM in Dunwoody. Lunch will be served. Topics include:
- What’s new in Splunk 6
- App development best practices
- Exploration of various techniques to get data out of other systems
In Atlanta? Learn about Splunk at two events this week!
If you are in the Metro Atlanta area, be sure to check out these two events:
- Thursday, September 12, the Metro Atlanta Splunk User Group has its first official meeting! Our own Paul Sanford will be speaking. Free lunch!
- Friday, September 13, the Atlanta Systems Management User Group has an all-day meeting with several sessions. This user group focuses on Microsoft System Center technologies, and Hal Rottenberg will be talking about analyzing System Center Configuration Manager agent logs using Splunk. (And of course, there will also be free food.)
We hope to see you there!…
Splunk Challenge 2012 – A Competition in Operational Intelligence
“Put 40 students in a room, give them Splunk with some data sources and see what they can come up with”, suggested Lord Lau.
“Aye aye Chief”, I replied meekly. In front of Lord Lau, you have only one choice, and that is to take all these tasks with stride.
And so this was the beginning of a series of collaboration with Nanyang Polytehnic in Singapore to promote the awareness of machine data and Splunk as the platform for operational intelligence. The NYP (Nanyang Polytechnic) and Splunk team sat down and deliberated on the format of the competition, the type of questions, the type of data sources as well as the pre-preparation work that have to be done. Some of …