Some “Swede” use cases from SplunkLive Stockholm 2016
I have a fondness for Stockholm. I lived there for three months and asked my wife to marry me there (luckily she said yes or this blog post would start a lot less happy). I love going to all the cities in EMEA where we run SplunkLives but Stockholm is always one of my favourites.
At last year’s SplunkLive Stockholm we were lucky enough to have IKEA talking about why they replaced their SIEM with Splunk, Klarna talking about using Splunk in their SOC and Statnett talking about IT Troubleshooting and IT Service Management.
This year we had an equally strong line up of customers with some really “Swede” speakers (sorry), covering a variety of Splunk use cases in a …
SplunkLive! London – A Full House. Analytics, IT Operations And Security.
- NHS Digital (formerly HSCIC) talking about IT operations and application delivery
- John Lewis talking about cybersecurity and compliance in retail
- Shazam talking about real-time analytics, music and sensor data
- BBC Worldwide talking about their use of cloud for visibility into new digital service BBC Store
We had over 800 people at the event with a wide mix of expert Splunk ninjas through to first time attendees and complete newbies. A special think you to the largest partner ecosystem we’ve had a SplunkLive! …
SplunkLive! London Calling – Shazam, John Lewis and the NHS. Should I stay or should I go?
As with most of my blog posts, apologies for the title. It isn’t often you can combine big data and The Clash. It doesn’t seem long since last year’s event but SplunkLive! London is here again. We’ve got an outstanding line up of customers with Shazam, John Lewis and HSCIC (the IT provider for the NHS) talking about how they use machine data for IT operations, cybersecurity and real-time business analytics. You can see the full line up and register at http://live.splunk.com/london
A platform is only as good as its ecosystem and we have our most innovative, extensive set of sponsors ever with Cisco, AWS, EMC, SyncSort, Nimble Storage, Qualys, Recorded Future, Sbox, Alpha Insight, ECS, Eview, Phoenix, Somerford all demonstrating their part in the big data and Operational Intelligence landscape.
Not only …
SplunkLive! Arrives in the Nation’s Capital
Last week we hosted one of our largest SplunkLive! events of the year. More than 1,100 people came together in downtown Washington, DC to learn how more than 11,000 companies, federal agencies, universities and service providers worldwide use Splunk software and platforms to mitigate cybersecurity risks, prevent fraud, improve performance, reduce costs and deepen business insights and customer understanding.
With 16 breakout sessions to choose from, attendees were able to hear from a wide range of different customers and Splunk experts, and learn how our platforms help address and solve challenges in any environment. From sessions on Operational Security Intelligence and how to take Splunk to the next level for management, to hands-on tutorials on Splunk User Behavior Analytics (UBA…
Operational Intelligence – Manufactured in Germany | SplunkLive! Germany events 2016
Spring has only just begun and yet we have already finished our SplunkLive! 2016 Tour across Germany. We began in Munich with further stops in Frankfurt and Hamburg. We had a fantastic tour and achieved our goal of getting Splunk Ninjas together to learn from one another how to achieve operational intelligence. We heard how a botnet is using hacked e-mail mailboxes for malicious activities, we saw how Splunk sends out Excel sheets to individuals across a business and learned what could be done with 10bn events and machine learning for business application monitoring.
Let’s get started on the highlights with Datev, the 4th largest German software company and Computerwoche’s second best …
SplunkLive! SF 2016: A Recap
Almost 800 Splunk enthusiasts gathered on Wednesday, March 16th at the Marriott Marquis for the 9th annual SplunkLive! San Francisco. Splunk experts, including customers, got to show off some cool, new content that fed the appetites of both Splunk n00bs and veterans.
- Opening keynote from newly appointed Splunk CEO and President Doug Merritt, who talked about how Splunk has evolved to become the platform for machine data and how cloud is the underlying theme for Splunk’s initiatives across our solutions and ecosystem this year.
- Customer presentations from Yodlee for App Management and IT Operations, Wells Fargo for Application Management and Intermedia for Security and Cloud.
- The Splunk Spec Mustang! This racecar has clocked hundreds of race
Smoking Hot Data…How We Splunked Barbecue
It’s true. You can Splunk just about anything. As someone who is not incredibly technically inclined, understanding the power of Splunk can be difficult to wrap my head around. I find the best way to understand the power of Splunk is to apply it to something you know and love. And with SplunkLive! coming up in some of the best barbecue cities across the US this year, my personal experimentation with Splunk happens to tie-in nicely.
I’ve been happily married to a Texan and University of Texas at Austin graduate for nine years. Aside from being a top-notch husband, he has a passion and knack for cooking Texas-style barbecue and brewing beer. For now, let’s focus on the barbecue.
Technology meet …
Under the Hood of Cisco IT
Do you know what Cisco uses to monitor the health of 70+ of their apps and to respond to security incidents?
We bring you the answers straight from the horse’s mouth.
At the recent SplunkLive! SF and in front of a packed room, Robert Novak, Follow @gallifreyan, Quinn Zuo and Ruby Chiang of the Cisco IT team, Follow @ciscoit, uncovered the mystery and gave us a good look under the hood. They showed how Splunk powers their operations and solves some of their critical IT challenges.
SplunkLive! SF 2015: A Recap
We had a record breaking day in the bay at our 8th annual SplunkLive! San Francisco with over 900 attendees! This all new track style format – offering 16 different sessions in a single day – provided valuable content for Splunk newbies and seasoned Splunk customer champions alike.
- Godfrey Sullivan, Splunk Chairman and CEO, was joined on stage by Haiyan Song, SVP of Security Markets, and Snehal Antani, Splunk CTO. Haiyan covered the recent Caspida acquisition and the addition of data science-driven Behavioral Analytics to the industry’s most powerful analytics-enabled SIEM solution. Snehal Antani rounded out the keynote by discussing the evolution of IT; transitioning from a back office function, to a core part of the value the
SplunkLive! Chicago: A Great Day for Splunkers and Blackhawks Fans
What brings IT leaders back to SplunkLive! events year after year is hearing from our talented customers about ways that they drive value within their organizations using Splunk. This month’s SplunkLive! Chicago was no exception as over 400 Splunk experts and newbies descended on the Windy City to learn, teach and share their own success stories.
- Martin Lavoie, online technology group deputy director with Ubisoft, explained how Splunk enables his group to identify and fix issues in their API quickly, helping developers to deliver a better gaming experience.
- Joseph Barnes from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign described how his team delivered a single, scalable solution to monitor and analyze multiple uncontrolled logging environments.
- Dan Schreiber and Ed