Analyzing iOS data with Splunk Enterprise
This article describes in detail the steps to:
- configure the iOS library
- install Splunk Enterprise and Splunk app to receive data forwarded from iOS mobile devices
- basic Splunk searches
CONFIGURE THE iOS LIBRARY
- Download the logging library from http://splunk-base.splunk.com/apps/92296/mobile-analytics-with-splunk-storm-ios or https://github.com/nicholaskeytholeong/splunk-storm-mobile-analytics/blob/master/ios/splunkmobileanalytics.zip
- Unzip it and drag the splunkmobileanalytics folder into the project
- Select Relative to Project at Reference Type, then click Add.
- In the AppDelegate interface file (AppDelegate.h), import Splunk.h, like so:
- In the AppDelegate implementation file (AppDelegate.m), provide the SPLUNK_HOST_URL and TCP_PORT values in the message
- You are set! Splunk Enterprise is now integrated seamlessly into your iOS mobile app!
INSTALL SPLUNK ENTERPRISE AND SPLUNK APP
- Download the latest Splunk Enterprise from http://www.splunk.com/download
- Install Splunk Enterprise (in this
Mobile Analytics (iOS) with Splunk and Storm (Part 2)
In the previous article “Mobile Analytics (iOS) with Storm” , we discussed about sending stacktrace of uncaught exceptions from apps that run on iOS platform into Storm with the STORM REST API. We hope that the article covers the basic steps to help iOS app developers to jumpstart into realizing the potential of making use of Splunk and Storm to help the developers to develop better quality apps.
Great news … iOS developers are now able to send the above-mentioned stacktrace via TCP into both Splunk Enterprise and Storm; and it is very simple to configure this library into iOS app. The breakdown of the steps are as described below:
CREATE A STORM ACCOUNT
 Create a Splunk Storm …
Mobile Analytics (iOS) with Storm
As those who have been following articles about mobile analytics with Storm and Splunk already know, there’s been demand for an iOS library to help iOS app developers to debug their apps. I’m happy to announce that the iOS library is now available for use with Storm REST API input. The installation steps to use this libary are trivial