New features and APIs
- Added Service.getJob() method for getting a Job by its sid.
- Added Service.ConfigurationFile.getDefaultStanza() method for getting the [default] stanza of a conf file.
- Updated the GitHub commits example to show this functionality.
- The node/helloworld/get_job.js example shows how to get a Job by its sid.
- The node/helloworld/endpoint_instantiation.js example
New support for authoring modular inputs in Node.js
In this post, I’ll show you how to create a modular input with Node.js that pulls commit data from GitHub into Splunk.
Node.js is designed for I/O intensive workloads. It offers great support for streaming data into and out of a Node application in an asynchronous manner. It also has great support for JSON out of the box. Finally, Node.js has …
The Splunk SDK for Python gets modular input support
Support for modular inputs in Splunk 5.0 and later enables you to add new types of inputs to Splunk that are treated as native Splunk inputs.
The latest release of the Splunk SDK for Python brings modular input support. The Splunk SDKs for C# (see Developing Modular Inputs in C#) and Java also have this functionality as of version 22.214.171.124 and 1.2, respectively. The Splunk SDK for Python enables you to use Python to create new modular inputs for Splunk.
The Splunk SDK for Python comes …