Realtime alerts of mobile app crashlog
Analyzing iOS data with Splunk Enterprise
This article describes in detail the steps to:
- configure the iOS library
- install Splunk Enterprise and Splunk app to receive data forwarded from iOS mobile devices
- basic Splunk searches
CONFIGURE THE iOS LIBRARY
- Download the logging library from http://splunk-base.splunk.com/apps/92296/mobile-analytics-with-splunk-storm-ios or https://github.com/nicholaskeytholeong/splunk-storm-mobile-analytics/blob/master/ios/splunkmobileanalytics.zip
- Unzip it and drag the splunkmobileanalytics folder into the project
- Select Relative to Project at Reference Type, then click Add.
- In the AppDelegate interface file (AppDelegate.h), import Splunk.h, like so:
- In the AppDelegate implementation file (AppDelegate.m), provide the SPLUNK_HOST_URL and TCP_PORT values in the message
- You are set! Splunk Enterprise is now integrated seamlessly into your iOS mobile app!
INSTALL SPLUNK ENTERPRISE AND SPLUNK APP
- Download the latest Splunk Enterprise from http://www.splunk.com/download
- Install Splunk Enterprise (in this
Mobile Analytics (iOS) with Splunk and Storm (Part 2)
In the previous article “Mobile Analytics (iOS) with Storm” , we discussed about sending stacktrace of uncaught exceptions from apps that run on iOS platform into Storm with the STORM REST API. We hope that the article covers the basic steps to help iOS app developers to jumpstart into realizing the potential of making use of Splunk and Storm to help the developers to develop better quality apps.
Great news … iOS developers are now able to send the above-mentioned stacktrace via TCP into both Splunk Enterprise and Storm; and it is very simple to configure this library into iOS app. The breakdown of the steps are as described below:
CREATE A STORM ACCOUNT
 Create a Splunk Storm …
Mobile Analytics (iOS) with Storm
Mobile Analytics with Storm (Part 2)
In the previous article “Mobile Analytics with Storm“, we discussed how to configure the logging library for mobile apps to send stacktrace messages to Storm via REST API. To make this logging library more usable and robust, mobile app developers are now able to send invaluable stacktrace messages via TCP (through the Network Inputs option). The configuration steps are incredibly simple and are summarized using the diagram shown below:
- Click at “Network data” to enable Storm to receive data via TCP
- Click at “Authorize your IP address” so that Storm is receiving data from authorized IP address(es). Please take note of the “IP/Port combination” in “Send data to” – we
Mobile Analytics with Splunk
Mobile Analytics with Storm
Visualizing Big Data with Splunk
To all .conf attendees, thank you for attending my presentation today. It was really heart-warming to see the strong support from you. The room reached full-occupancy within minutes!
To those that missed this session, there will be an encore session to talk about the internals of the concept viz app. We’ll look at the design and then dive straight into the codes:
Visualizing your Big Data
Thursday, Sept 13, 2012
11:45am -12:15 pm
See you tomorrow and we’ll see how far your BIG data take you in your journey!
Follow me at @nicholaskey or http://blogs.splunk.com/author/nkey…
Speech-to-text with Splunk: converting natural language into Splunk search commands
Is that possible at all? At Splunk, we are constantly experimenting ways to make Splunk more usable. This new approach allows users to “talk” to Splunk (with a microphone) and transforms natural language into Splunk search command.
Notice the small little microphone icon in the textfield? That small little icon unlocks a huge potential to make splunk more user friendly.
Interested to learn more about this concept app?
Come join us at the Chalk-talk session on
Monday, September 10, 2012
5pm – 7pm
Gracia Commons, Level 3 Cosmopolitan Hotel…
Visualizing your Splunk /etc/apps directory
Here’s a thought. “Visualizing the content in the /etc/apps directory of your Splunk instance”. Is that possible with Splunk? There’s an app for that.
Here’s a sneak preview of the app …
Come join us and learn more in the Developing on Splunk sessions at .conf!…