DevOps and App Management at .conf2015? Yes, please!
With Splunk .conf2015 just around the corner, you might be asking yourself where are all the insightful application management and DevOps sessions? Good news! There are some really cool sessions at .conf next week, be sure to check out some of these sessions:
DevOps – Splunk has customers and partners using DevOps to provide useful insights to developers and operations alike. Others are incorporating Splunk into their DevOps toolchain. Here are a few session I’m sure you’ll enjoy:
- EnerNOC – Grace Sumner is presenting “Splunk: Uniting Ops and Dev (Before DevOps was cool)” on Wednesday, 3:15
- Infosys – Belaji Venkatachari is presenting “Splunk for DevOps” on Thursday, 10am
- Vertu – Rob Charleton is presenting “Deploying a Splunk Cluster to the Cloud with DevOps Tools…” Tuesday at 4:15pm. If you use Ansible for DevOps, you’ll love this session!
- Merbla Solutions – Matthew Erbs is presenting “Throw your Future Self a Lifefline with a Little DevOps data” Wednesday at 2:15. Insights on leveraging Chef and Octopus Deploy
- Splunk – Itay Neeman is presenting “Developing at the Speed of Splunk” Thursday at 11:15am. Itay will show how our own engineers use Splunk as the glue between Git, JIRA, Perforce, Bamboo and other tools
- Splunk – Glenn Block is presenting “Liberate Your Application Logging!” on Tuesday at 5:15 with Jian Lee. Then, on Wednesday at 10am, Glenn is presenting “The HTTP Event Collector, a New Way for Developers to Send Events to Splunk”.
APM has become a hot topic, and here are a couple sessions that talk about integrating data from APM tools – synthetic and passive monitoring – with Splunk
- CSAA – Doug Erkkila and Diviyesh Patel are presenting “Splunking the User Experience: Going Beyond the Logs with APM Data” Wednesday at 10am. If you are one of the many Splunk customers who use Dynatrace for APM, you’ll find this to be a cool and informative session on pulling and using Dynatrace data into Splunk.
- Pacific Northwest National Laboratory – Justin Brown is presenting “Using Web Logs in Splunk to Dynamically Created Synthetic Transaction Tests for Website Monitoring” Thursday at 11:15am. If you’re using Selenium (or thinking about using Selenium) to perform synthetic testing, this session is for you!
One more session I thought I’d highlight – Paypal‘s Pierre Pellissier and Leela Kesireddy are presenting “Splunk App for Akamai Cloud Monitor Use at Paypal” – providing real-world insight into their experience with Akamai Cloud Monitor and the Splunk App for Akamai Cloud Monitor.
I haven’t even touched on the great sessions we have on tap to help you manage your mobile apps with Splunk MINT. More on that shortly!
Follow the conversations coming out of the conference:
Director, Solutions Marketing, Application and Mobile Intelligence